Welcome!

Welcome to Hell & Heaven, A sandbox roleplaying forum. We are hugely excited to present this board to you! Please use the links and navigation to more easily get around, and don't hesitate to use the discord on the side or PM an administrator if you have any questions!

Current Events!

The staff will discuss a new event and get back to you.

Staff!

Add Reply
New Poll

Fancy meeting you here, Tag: Stitch // Natasha
Spooky
 Posted: Mar 12 2017, 05:32 PM
Time Zone ATL
196 posts
Pronouns
the archangels

It was nine in the morning when Kate made her way up the stairs to Clint's apartment. Considering the state the place had been in after the showdown with the Tracksuit Mafia it was actually pretty impressive how well he had managed to fix the place up again, especially after Barney had stolen most of his money. It always helped having friends in high places, especially ones with healthy guilt complexes who weren't around to help him from almost getting killed.

She didn't expect Clint to be awake yet, so she let herself into his apartment, quietly closing the door behind her. Lucky greeted her at the door, but that wasn't a surprise. What was a surprise was the redhead in his kitchen, the redhead wearing his favourite white shirt with the target on it, and a pair of what appeared to be his boxers.

Kate froze.

Her first thought was that it was that horrible Cherry chick again, but she quickly recognized her to be none other than Natasha. Well this was unexpected. Cherry would have been less of a surprise.

“Um... good morning?” Kate said, sounding unsure of herself as she glanced around the apartment looking for Clint. He was nowhere to be seen and she didn't hear him rustling around anywhere. Still in bed, maybe? Oh god, she didn't want to think about what he might be tired out from.

Notes: surprise! // Tag: Stitch
ytn
PM
^
Athena
 Posted: Mar 20 2017, 03:50 PM
❝Broken wings, run away; kill the lights, set the stage dammit I
Time Zone GMT
476 posts
Pronouns She, Her
Weird, shy
administrators

& DemonsTonight I need to breathe

Natasha had always been a hit the ground running kind of person but even she needed to stop occasionally.

Occasionally being the operative word because no one like her really stopped in any one place for long; it wasn't safe. She knew by now that she had far too many enemies and far too many mistakes to ever feel like she was safe but here, it felt different. Here, she knew that Clint Barton would do anything he could to protect her and while she felt somewhat comforted by that fact, it also scared the hell out of her which was quite a feat; Natasha wasn't an easy person to scare but the thought of losing him was...

Unbearable. Natasha shuddered. She'd told him countless times that she'd never let him become collateral for this chaotic life of hers. He was her best friend; she knew that he cared for her and once upon a time they had been so much more but that had never really died, at least not for her. She wasn't the kind of person to find the words to say things like I love you, though. She'd been through too much. She'd been built up and plucked apart far too much to let anyone else have any control over her ever again.

Even though she knew Clint. She knew that he'd never hurt her. She knew that he'd do anything he could to protect her and that was exactly why she tried to keep a distance there; he wasn't allowed to be collateral damage. He wasn't allowed to be a target sought out for her destruction because if she were going to be honest with herself, she knew that losing him would truly kill her. She'd lived decades and no one had gotten as close to her as he had. No one knew him the way that he did either.

Not even... What did it matter? It was all blank now anyway. Natasha shook her head as she looked up at Kate. "Hi." Natasha replied as she frowned softly. Clearly, she'd thrown Kate; she hadn't expected her to be here which provoked a soft laugh from the redheaded spy. "Don't worry, he's still breathing. He's gone to get breakfast." Natasha could be dangerous but not to Clint, never to him. He knew how to reach her better than anyone else and she knew that he cared for Kate. She was like a sibling to him, moreso than his own brother.

She appreciated that he had someone like that in his life.

There's nobody left but you and me, as far as I can tell the world has gone to hell and I've been standing here when coals collide, streak across the edge, exploding in the sky, there's nobody left; all that we have left is burning down. Lay your demons at the door, this is what we're fighting for; trying to clear the air but nobody's talking. We've been breathing this disease, trying to find a way to see the end is in your eyes, lets finish this tonight.

Spooky
PM
^
Spooky
 Posted: Mar 21 2017, 05:44 PM
Time Zone ATL
196 posts
Pronouns
the archangels

Natasha didn't explain her presence, but did assure Kate that Clint was fine and had just stepped out for a few minutes. That wasn't unusual in and of itself; days when he ran out of bread and cereal he often popped down to the cafe across the street for some pastries. Somehow that was less work than making something simple as eggs or oatmeal. No, what was unusual was his ex-girlfriend hanging around, wearing his clothes this early in the morning.

“Okay, that's good. Good good. I can just... come back later,” Kate replied, unsure whether to leave or stay.

The last thing Kate wanted to do was get into the middle of anything to do with Clint's mess of a love life. Honestly, that man was hopeless, but how could anyone expect him to be good relationship material when he could barely take care of himself? He was a fixer-upper for sure, but you'd be hard pressed to find a better, more caring person, so he at least had that going for him. God help anyone that messed with the people he cared about.

Notes: hawkward // Tag: Stitch
ytn

PM
^
Athena
 Posted: Mar 31 2017, 12:38 PM
Time Zone GMT
476 posts
Pronouns She, Her
Weird, shy
administrators

She knew that she hadn't been the most active best friend in the world. She could have been around more.

She could have helped him out when he needed it, when he was dealing with the Tracksuit Mafia as he called them or his brother, Barney, but Natasha - as always - was off on some mission or another; a few of them had gone awry when she'd figured she wasn't working for who she thought she was and there was that whole incident in Cuba that she'd rather avoid at all costs but then that wasn't really Natasha, was it? It was one of her many aliases, but she should have been there more for Clint.

She knew that Kate was, and that at least was a comfort. He'd taken to his little protege like a younger sibling and though Natasha had never had that relationship for herself with anyone, she knew that after everything that happened with his brother that having that bond with someone likely meant a lot to Clint; Kate kept him out of trouble when Natasha wasn't around and he seemed to keep her safe, too. She was thankful for that, she trusted but a select few people and Kate had a spot on that list whether she was aware of it or not.

Clint trusted her and Natasha trusted Clint; she'd count on his judgment most of the time more than she would her own because his mind - unlike hers - had been his own for far longer than hers had. He tended to be better at actually being human than she was which was another reason she trusted his judgment more than she did her own in certain situations but still, she was slightly surprised that Clint had seemingly failed to mention to Kate that Natasha had decided to crash with him for a little while.

"Stay." Natasha answered, smiling slightly albeit uncertainly at the younger female; she didn't want Kate feeling uncomfortable in a place that she knew was like a second home to her. She had a good relationship with Clint and the very last thing that Natasha wanted was to come between that. "Besides, there's still coffee and he's bringing pastries." Nat grinned then. Coffee and sweets of any kind were definitely a weakness of hers. She'd probably live off of junk food if she could... Well... She mostly did anyway. She never stayed still long enough to prepare an actual meal anyway.

"I figured he'd have told you I stayed over last night..." She began before mulling over the thought in her mind. "It was kind of late though." Natasha amended with a soft shrug of her shoulders. She'd never expect Clint to hide anything from Kate; coming between a partnership like that could have done more harm than it would do good to keep those secrets. Especially out there in the field if one felt like the trust had been broken between the two of them... It was never worth risking anything like that, not when it came to a life like this.

There's nobody left but you and me, as far as I can tell the world has gone to hell and I've been standing here when coals collide, streak across the edge, exploding in the sky, there's nobody left; all that we have left is burning down. Lay your demons at the door, this is what we're fighting for; trying to clear the air but nobody's talking. We've been breathing this disease, trying to find a way to see the end is in your eyes, lets finish this tonight.

Spooky
PM
^
Spooky
 Posted: Apr 9 2017, 03:28 PM
Time Zone ATL
196 posts
Pronouns
the archangels

The whole situation felt super awkward, but when Natasha asked her to stay Kate couldn't really say no. Besides, despite not wanting to get into the middle of anything, she had to admit she was really curious about what exactly was going on here. And really, any fuel to tease Clint with was good, right?

“Well, I could definitely use another coffee,” Kate replied, removing her coat and taking her mug down from the cupboard. Pouring herself a cup, she leaned back against the counter, openly studying Natasha. “Against popular believe we don't share absolutely everything with each other. Sometimes we even go a couple of days without talking,” she said, sipping her coffee. Oh, crap, maybe she shouldn't have said that? Maybe Natasha thought Clint should have told Kate about last night, and was going to be upset that he didn't. Would she feel slighted? Damage control! “He knows I'll bite his head off if he wakes me up. And my phone died so I left it home to charge.”

There, that should cover it. Except in that very opportune moment her phone chimed in her pocket to indicate a text message. She could only look at Natasha sheepishly.

Notes: hawkward // Tag: Stitch
ytn

PM
^
Athena
 Posted: Apr 10 2017, 01:15 PM
Time Zone GMT
476 posts
Pronouns She, Her
Weird, shy
administrators

Being aware of the bond between Kate and Clint, Natasha decided it was her best bet to tread carefully.

She knew that the two of them had a sort of sibling-like Mentor relationship, and a part of her wondered whether or not Kate knew of their history; she had no idea how much Clint would tell the young girl. It was obvious that they came from two completely separate worlds but they had the same fundamental values and Kate seemed to want to do good in the world very much like Clint did, and she could understand that. Natasha fought against her demons, too. Clint had his own past darkness to fight against just like Natasha herself did.

She wondered if the same could be said for Kate; she didn't know her story, not completely anyway. There was only so much she could ask without making it sound like she was trying to pry; she was glad that Clint had someone in his life that kept him in the fray but out of trouble because she knew all too well by now that he could be more than a little reckless and she happened to like him very much alive and unhurt... Or at least as unhurt as he ever got anyway. He wasn't good with staying safe.

It was an endearing quality but also one that made her want to strangle the life out of him a time or two herself for the stupid situations that he put himself in, not that she could talk because she wasn't any different. She put herself in the firing line for just as many stupid reasons as he did and half of the time she knew that she ran risks she didn't need to just to get the job done but that was just the way that Natasha had learned to operate over the years. It was instinct.

She didn't think about the dangers that she put herself in when she was out there in the field because if it achieved her end goal it was worth it somehow. She released a small sigh as she found herself hoping that Kate never took to that mantra. Clint had lost enough; she didn't want to see him suffer more. "You really have been spending too much time with Barton." Natasha murmured playfully, a small laugh breaking her lips; she studied the younger girl. "If you're anything like him, your blood is probably at least 75% coffee by now."

As she stated though that Clint hadn't mentioned anything to her, Nat found herself studying Kates features; she could tell that she hadn't entirely been truthful about her phone before it jingled in her pocket. Natasha smiled slightly, in truth she was more amused than anything else. "I'm sure he probably just forgot to mention anything?" she offered lightly. She had no reason to believe anything negative, the very last thing that she wanted to do was cause issue between Clint and Kate; she found herself wondering though just what Kate knew of her and her history with Clint.

Had it been a story he'd shared with his protege? "I think someone might need your attention..." she murmured, gesturing to the gentle noise erupting from Kate's pocket.[b][/b]

Spooky
PM
^
Spooky
 Posted: Apr 17 2017, 05:32 PM
Time Zone ATL
196 posts
Pronouns
the archangels

Natasha wasn't the first person to say that about her and Clint, though at least she seemed to do so in an affectionate way. America was more in the camp that Kate needed to be spending more time away from Clint, and Kate wasn't so sure that was wrong. She was trying it, trying to put a little distance between them while he figured himself out, but it was hard. She really cared about him and hated seeing what he did to himself, but she couldn't help him if he wouldn't help himself either.

“Coffee is the lifeblood of the Hawkeyes. It is how we function,” she replied, taking a long, exaggerated sip and sighing in satisfaction. Of course the relaxed moment couldn't last as her attempts to diffuse the situation blew up in her face. Wincing as she was caught, Kate slowly set her mug down and dug the phone out of her pocket. Checking her message, she didn't realise she'd had it set to go straight to voice mail, and dialed in to listen to the message. She rolled her eyes when she heard Clint's cagey voice.

”Something came up, so don't stop by today. I'll call you later. Nothing bad, don't worry.” In the background there was a banging and rattling sound, then Clint's muffled voice ”I'll be done in a sec! It's not like this is the only payphone on the street! Oh, futz. It is.” His hand was moved away from the receiver and his voice clear again. ”Gotta go. Just don't drop by until we talk.”

Wow, that wasn't suspicious at all. Good thing she'd already discovered his secret. “Some day I'm just going to buy him a phone. Who still uses payphones and has a landline at home?”

Notes: oh clint // Tag: Stitch
ytn
[/QUOTE]
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

♥ This skin was created by Tom Keen of Shine. The cbox toggle codes and code toggle codes were created by Nicole of Shine. YOU CAN INSERT OTHERT CREDITS HERE!

Welcome Back,
Guest!

YOU HAVE:

toggle cbox